Skip to main content

G.I. Joe- 3.75 Division Episode 38: "Running Out of Time"

Hooray I'm being consecutive again!  

This week's episode was another episode that was stuck in development limbo for over a year and I'm just proud of myself for taking the time to sit down and script this finally. 

I'm just going to get right into the photo comic and wait for the Director's commentary afterwards to talk about everything.

As usual, click the photos to enlarge them for easier viewing and enjoy!











This episode features photos taken from 2021 and May of 2022 as I had gotten the "Decepticon" base set from Extreme Sets around that time. As I didn't have time to shoot the photos chronologically, I shot episode 33: "The Deep" at the same time as I snapped the photos for this episode and the next two episodes. 

So for ME it's been rough to sit on these cool shots for almost a year and a half. I laughed when I got to this episode because this comic has been running for close to 2 and a half years and it took me 39 episodes until there is FINALLY some action scenes in it. 

Actually, now that I think of it, this is the first time that Cobra will engage with the rest of the 3.75 Division Joes (aside from Deep Six) and that blows my mind. 

The photo used for the 8th panel above was another shot left on the cutting room floor from Episode 30, but you can still see the B.A.T.s in the exact same position towards the bottom right corner at the end of that episode.



The best was the stress of me trying to stand up six Cobra B.A.T.s without them constantly falling over. I could have used foot stands, but these are living toys so I avoid using them unless I have absolutely no other way to get them to stand up. This Behind the Scenes video I shot while taking thesw photos because those blasted B.A.T.s just kept falling over and I needed to vent 😆 🤣. 


What's also crazy to me? How short Splashdown's inner robot mode is. You see him almost shoulder to shoulder with Eco Warriors Deep Six and he's one of those larger Pretenders to boot. I sold every humanoid Pretender I had save for Splashdown, so I can't even compare sizes. Damn you past Chris!!

Oh and if it seems abrupt that there was no fight and we just went from the rescue team leaving the lab to escaping with Deep Six, you'd be right. I ran out of time to shoot any scenes in my parent's pool as it got closed before I had time to continue properly. So I had to scratch my head and cheap out a little bit. This taught me a valuable lesson in that one should never depend 100% on an exterior location as you might loose access to it when you need it. 

Stay tuned here for Episode 39 next week as we ask the question: What happens when you add x3 G.I. Joes, x1 Pretender Transformer to x6 Modified Battle Android Troopers? The answer in 7 days!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

G.I. Joe- 3.75 Division Episode : 30 "Dreadnoks: Toy Scalpers"

What? More Dreadnoks hijinks with Road Pig and Cyrus Borg?? Don't threaten me with a good time! We find Road Pig and Cyrus entering the Flight Hanger of The Deep  to go out in search of more living toys to capture.  More Director's commentary information after the last panel and make sure to click each image to expand it for easier reading! There was a BUNCH of things that got clipped off due to the square frame of Instagram, like the Aero-Viper working on the front module of the Cobra Condor Z25 . I didn't show any more of it as, well if you have never seen the Cobra Condor up close the thing is like a pickaxe. It's HUGE. The entire jet would have eclipsed the hanger set, but as I wanted to show some of it, I opted go show just the front half.  Here is an unused shot of the Aero-Viper possibly talking to Road Pig and Cyrus as they walk by, but it was cut as it really wasn't necessary.  I ended up selling the Cobra Condor Z25 off in 2022 because it just didn't

G.I. Joe- 3.75 Division Episode : 18 "Don't Splash in the Pool"

This is a very video heavy episode, just because moving water carries more weight when seen in motion versus a still photograph. I had a lot  of fun shooting this episode, and it is easily one of my favorites of the first 20 I shot. As per usual, click on each image or video to view them clearer and check after the last panel for Director's commentary and behind the scenes information! This episode was a TON of fun to shoot. I took a large zip lock plastic baggie and actually put my cell phone inside it in order to get alot of these underwater shots. It was a BIG risk but I felt the results came out really fun and awesome. Splashdown is one of my favorite Autobot Pretenders, and he just has a really slick look. His armor reminds me of the Shocking Shark Battle Beasts  playset, and as Battle Beasts started in Japan as Beastformers , part of me wonders if it was intentional or not. There were not alot of deleted scenes in this episode, but there were some alternate ones where I did v

G.I. Joe- 3.75 Division Episode 37: "The Lab"

Okay we're back people ( I have no idea how many people read these here, but welcome if you do! ), it's been almost 5 months since our last episode but I really wanted to get moving on this photo comic again as I really do enjoy writing and shooting photos for it. As of this writing I have enough photos to probably get to episode 40 before I need to set up more scenes to photograph, maybe enough to get to episode 41 ( I haven't story boarded past Episode 38 so I presently can't say ). Episode 37 marks our return to the "Search for Deep Six" story arc that's been going on behind the scenes since this photo comic began almost 2 and a half years ago ( holy crap where did the time go?? ) and the photos in this episode were all shot on September 11th 2021. What's crazier? I put Episode 37 up on Instagram on September 11th 2023- two YEARS later to the day. Totally unintentional as I just looked at the dates on the original photos while writing this introduct