Skip to main content

G.I. Joe- 3.75 Division Episode 37: "The Lab"

Okay we're back people (I have no idea how many people read these here, but welcome if you do!), it's been almost 5 months since our last episode but I really wanted to get moving on this photo comic again as I really do enjoy writing and shooting photos for it. As of this writing I have enough photos to probably get to episode 40 before I need to set up more scenes to photograph, maybe enough to get to episode 41 (I haven't story boarded past Episode 38 so I presently can't say).

Episode 37 marks our return to the "Search for Deep Six" story arc that's been going on behind the scenes since this photo comic began almost 2 and a half years ago (holy crap where did the time go??) and the photos in this episode were all shot on September 11th 2021. What's crazier? I put Episode 37 up on Instagram on September 11th 2023- two YEARS later to the day. Totally unintentional as I just looked at the dates on the original photos while writing this introduction.

Okay enough of me talking, onto Episode 37! As usual, click each photo to open it in a larger window for easier reading and look for Director's commentary after the last photo. 










This episode, as I mentioned above, was a long time coming and I hope the pay off so far was worth the wait. I tried to take tips and tricks from filmmakers in that you shoot your scenes out of order as you have different time you can do different shoots either because of environmental or scheduling conflicts. So the photos from this episode and part of Episode 38 were all shot at different times. Alot of the time I would shoot random photos in these sets just in case later on I would have a need for X shot.

This photo is an aerial view of the Dr. Mindbender laboratory set and I took it if I needed it for reference again. It's also the same set as the Techno-Vipers Garage, just without the aluminum foil I had added to make it appear more "high tech".

The premise was always that Dr Mindbender's laboratory was HUGE but we only saw a small part of it. That blue "doorway" was a container I had gotten some mushrooms in and as these are living toys creating this lab, I thought it made sense that it would be cobbled together with whatever human made items they could drag down to their base.

I dismantled the lab years ago as I bought an Extreme Sets castle dungeon to use as his new laboratory (this is mentioned a bit a few episodes back, I think Episode 34) as it makes "sense" for a mad scientist to have a lab in an old medieval castle.

Stay tuned for Episode 38 coming next Monday, September 18th and I will try to stick to this Monday new episode release schedule from here on out- or until I run out of photos to make episodes from.



















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

G.I. Joe- 3.75 Division Episode : 30 "Dreadnoks: Toy Scalpers"

What? More Dreadnoks hijinks with Road Pig and Cyrus Borg?? Don't threaten me with a good time! We find Road Pig and Cyrus entering the Flight Hanger of The Deep  to go out in search of more living toys to capture.  More Director's commentary information after the last panel and make sure to click each image to expand it for easier reading! There was a BUNCH of things that got clipped off due to the square frame of Instagram, like the Aero-Viper working on the front module of the Cobra Condor Z25 . I didn't show any more of it as, well if you have never seen the Cobra Condor up close the thing is like a pickaxe. It's HUGE. The entire jet would have eclipsed the hanger set, but as I wanted to show some of it, I opted go show just the front half.  Here is an unused shot of the Aero-Viper possibly talking to Road Pig and Cyrus as they walk by, but it was cut as it really wasn't necessary.  I ended up selling the Cobra Condor Z25 off in 2022 because it just didn't

G.I. Joe- 3.75 Division Episode : 18 "Don't Splash in the Pool"

This is a very video heavy episode, just because moving water carries more weight when seen in motion versus a still photograph. I had a lot  of fun shooting this episode, and it is easily one of my favorites of the first 20 I shot. As per usual, click on each image or video to view them clearer and check after the last panel for Director's commentary and behind the scenes information! This episode was a TON of fun to shoot. I took a large zip lock plastic baggie and actually put my cell phone inside it in order to get alot of these underwater shots. It was a BIG risk but I felt the results came out really fun and awesome. Splashdown is one of my favorite Autobot Pretenders, and he just has a really slick look. His armor reminds me of the Shocking Shark Battle Beasts  playset, and as Battle Beasts started in Japan as Beastformers , part of me wonders if it was intentional or not. There were not alot of deleted scenes in this episode, but there were some alternate ones where I did v